To help you ensure a safe environment while using LPG , here are a few brief safety tips.
- LPG is flammable like all petroleum fuels. It must be stored away from sources of ignition and in a well-ventilated area.LPG can be detected by a typically unpleasant odour of gas
- LPG vapour is heavier than air. Any leakage will sink to the ground and accumulate in low lying areas
- LPG expands rapidly when the temperature rises. So whenever a container is filled, sufficient space is left for expansion
- LPG will cause natural rubber and some plastics to deteriorate. Only use hoses and other equipment specifically designed for LPG
- Although LPG is non-toxic, it is an asphixiant and it’s abuse is highly dangerous